Do you like brownies? Do you like cookies? If you said yes, then you will LOVE this quick and easy Chocolate Chip Brookie. I have been making these for years and my family can never get enough of them. I usually make a double batch and use a 9 x 13 baking dish, and even then they are all gone within 24 hours. When you have 2 teenage boys, 2 tween girls, and a husband treats like this tend go really fast!
Chocolate Chip Brookie
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour (we use wheat)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking pan
- Mix oil, sugar and vanilla with a spoon (not a mixer)
- Add eggs, one at a time and incorporate each one until combined
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in a different bowl
- Add the dry mix to the egg mixing with spoon until combined
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (we use a sugar substitute)
- 1 tea pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour (we use wheat)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Using a spoon mix the sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt
- Add chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon scoop cookie dough onto the top of the brownie mix. Scoops should be 2 inches apart covering the brownie mix. Some will slightly sink into the brownie mix and that is okay.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. WATCH THE OVEN! Every oven heats at a different temp and can take a different amount of time. I usually start testing my Brookies at 25 minutes and then every 2 to 3 minutes after that until a toothpick inserted about 2 inches from the edge of the pan comes out almost clean. You do not want to over cook these!
My husband likes his finished product a little too warm with vanilla ice cream melting on top. Enjoy!