With the holidays coming we are all looking for some down time but don’t necessarily have the time or means to go somewhere far away. So why not a staycation? It is the perfect answer to the “I need a vacation but I don’t have the time or money” issue.
- Resist the urge to answer work emails. This one is simple, just turn off notifications on your phone. I know! It is hard but once you do it you will be so happy. All of that can wait until next week.
- Limit your Internet usage. This one is hard but, if you plan accordingly then you can stay busy all day and not even miss those hours that you sit in front of your screen.
- Read an entire book before your staycation is over. You can learn something while on vacation – I promise it won’t hurt.
- Go out to dinner and a movie/show, but not where you normally go. Try a new restaurant in a hotel or a different part of the city and pretend you are visiting a new place and walk or take a cab to the theater after dinner. I bet you see something new!
- Do something in your city or town that you wouldn’t normally do – like staying in a hotel downtown.
I had the pleasure to visit the local Hilton in my city last week for a viewing of all that they had to offer while I was attending the #TNTSLC event all about Tech available for the holidays this year.
In 2012 the Hilton underwent a major renovation and emerged with rooms that are modern and chic to appeal to business travelers and weekend adventure seekers.
One of the coolest additions is that the hotel offers the latest in hotel technology through their digital key program. As an exclusive Hilton offering, guests can now choose their own room, check in online and use their phone as a room key. How awesome is that? You like the 8th floor – then stay on the 8th floor.
- Temple Square
- Gallivan Plaza
- City Creek Mall
- and my personal favorite – the new Eccles Theater (Hamilton anyone?)
Check out these great packages that they are currently running: