January is over! I can’t believe that we made it through a whole month already! This year is flying by! With New Years celebrations over we are looking toward to Valentine celebrations at our house!
Since it is February I put out all of my Valentine’s Day decor and my girl’s have been excited to get some fun “Love Day” stuff happening. Cards, treats, parties, and even a Valentine’s Day dance this year. Oy!
Last week we made these Easy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. This weekend we decided that we needed to make another delicious Valentine’s Day treat. So I went to Pinterest. After looking around for a while I remembered that one of my Facebook friends had posted her cereal mix recipe last week. I went and looked it up. We made a couple of changes to make it fit our needs and came up with this yummy treat was was made and eaten up in less than 2 hours. Fortunately I have enough supplies to make it again to take to a party next week.
Valentine’s Crunch Mix
Time: 10 mins
This recipe is so easy to make – even the kids can help and it’s perfect for any Valentine’s Day party or just for a weeknight treat.
- 6 cups Chex cereal (I used half rice and half corn)
- 2 cups pretzels (I used the small square ones)
- .75 cups light Karo syrup
- .5 cup sugar
- .5 cup butter
- 1 cup plain Valentine’s Day M&M’s
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- pink and red sprinkles
1. Mix the cereal and pretzels in a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
3. Add the Karo syrup and sugar to the melted butter.
4. Heat together over medium heat until boiling.
5. Boil for two minutes.
6. Pour evenly over the cereal/pretzel mix and mix well.
7. Add marshmallows and M&M’s and mix well.
8. Spread mixture onto a greased cookie sheet and have the kids sprinkle the sprinkles over the top of the crunch.
9. Allow to cool completely.
10. If they don’t eat it all in one sitting (yeah, right) place the leftovers in an air tight container for tomorrow.
You can buy Valentine’s Day treat bags and use them to hand out your treat to friends and neighbors! My girls are making a double batch to take to their friend’s Valentine’s Day party before the school dance.