Winter is upon us we are knee deep in the white stuff. No kidding… knee deep.
So what do you do with kids once you have gotten to snow day number 17? They can lay in the snow, make snowmen, go sledding, and have snowball fights. But this year it isn’t just the snow. It is also the cold. When it is -10 degrees outside you can’t send the kids out to play. So when the cold happens what do you do? Why you bake of course!
Easy Valentine’s Cupcakes
Time: 45 mins
An easy and delicious activity to keep the kids busy on a snowy winter day.
Vanilla Valentine’s Cupcakes
- 1 cup white sugar
- One egg
- teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter, room temp
- ½ tea salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together shortening and sugar until it is creamy all the way through.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Take turns adding the dry mixture and milk into the creamy mixture – 1/4th at a time.
6. When everything is fully incorporated scoop into lined cupcake molds.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1/2tea pure vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Cream all ingredients together until fluffy.
2. Frost and enjoy!
My girls made these Valentine’s Cupcakes from start to finish this time all by themselves but we all had a great time eating them. We pair them with a cup of hot chocolate after playing in the snow.