Easter egg decorating at my house is a big deal, so naturally Spring Dipped Strawberries are a good fit too. These little treats are delicious and super fun to decorate. They’re a fun new challenge for the Easter egg enthusiast in your family.
Every year I get a kit or two for Easter egg decorating and tell myself that it’s for the kids. At first it is for the kids, at first. My darling hubby, and by that I mean fourth child, goes through the same routine every year. He helps set everything out so the kids can go to town. He encourages them to get in there and be creative. Then he starts giving a pointer here and there. As the creative juices build, so does his involvement. By the time we’re done the kids have long ago moved on but my hubby is meticulously putting the finishing touches on his works of art. Spring Dipped Strawberries are a great addition to his, and the kids’, decorating repertoire.
Spring Dipped Strawberries
- 1-2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 3-4 colors of candy melts, I used Wilton but any brand is fine
- 3-4 sandwich bags
- Wash and dry the biggest and most beautiful strawberries you can find. Leave the stems on.
- Melt the candy melts, each color in a separate bowl according to the package directions. I like to use the microwave method. Just be careful to heat it in no more than 10-30 second increments and stir often. Candy melts are a lot more forgiving than dipping chocolate but still scorch fairly easily.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted candy. This is where the creativity starts coming out. I did a few in every color.
- Place the rest of the melted candy melts in the sandwich baggies. One color per bag. Make sure the candy is still nicely melted before placing it in the bag.
- Cut the bottom ¼ inch off one corner of the bag. You can cut off more or less depending on the thickness you would like in your decorations.
- Gently squeeze the candy through the hole in the bag. Be creative making fun designs.
These make a great gift for neighbors and family members. I took some to my hairdresser and got the best haircut of my life. Perfect to take for a treat on Easter or any Spring holiday!