Every year at this time people start asking:
What Is Your Favorite Season?
Immediately I always answer SUMMER, no questions asked. I love the sunshine that warms me to the bone. I love the hot temperatures that sore to 100 degrees. Most of all I love the lazy days so we can sleep in and have late breakfasts.
5 Senses of Autumn
Sound: What Do You Hear?
- Football games being played at the neighborhood field
- Children laughing while walking to and from school/bus stop
- Leaves crunching as you run through them
- Rain on your rooftop in the afternoon
Touch: What Do You Feel?
- The air getting cooler in the evening so that you need a jacket
- Rain drizzling down as you bring in the groceries
- The cozy feeling of a soft sweater on your skin
- Pure joy
Taste: What do you taste?
- Pumpkin everything
- Drinks that warm you from the inside out
- Fresh apples, pumpkins, and cranberries baked or added to everything
- Appetizers and Hors d’ Oeuvres: Football food
Sight: What Do You See?
- Changing from greens to reds, oranges, yellows, and gold
- Birds flying to warmer climates
- Sweaters, jackets, pants, and tall boots
- Farmers markets filled with fresh fruits and vegetables
Smell: What Do You Smell?
- Cool, crisp, fresh air
- Backyard fire pits ready for S’mores
- Pumpkin cookies, pie, and breads baking
There are so many great things about this time of year. The trees changing colors, pumpkin everything, Halloween, Thanksgiving, kids starting back to school, sweaters, hunkering down on a chilly day with a cup of something warm and being able to read all afternoon. I just might have to change my answer.
Welcome back Autumn, our senses have missed you.